ARCB Code of Ethics
A reflexologist communicates with an open mind and a peaceful presence while recognizing that his/her relationship to the client is a serious responsibility. The art and science of reflexology is an honorable one.Therefore, as a professional reflexologist I shall:
- Conduct myself in a professional, honest, and ethical manner at all times.
- Adhere to the 'ARCB Professional Business Standards'.
- Not infringe on any other professions’ scope of practice, and perform only those services for which I am qualified and/or licensed to provide.
- Accurately represent my competence, education, training and experience.
- Not present myself as a medical practitioner. I shall refer clients to appropriate medical or other healthcare professionals when appropriate.
- Treat other reflexologists and healthcare professionals in a courteous and respectful manner at all times.
- Establish and maintain trust in the client-practitioner relationship.
- Treat every client with the same kind, ethical attitude.
- Keep all client information and conversations strictly confidential.
- Work within the client’s comfort zone and pain tolerance.
- Keep the standard of my professional work current and as high as possible by continuing my reflexology education and training and attending conferences.
- Ensure that anyone employed by me or working in my office shall also adhere to this Code of Ethics.