What Qualifies As CE Units
There Are Three (3) Ways to Obtain CE Credits:
- Attend a course offered through an ARCB approved provider of continuing education. For a complete list of current ARCB approved providers click here for the ARCB Approved Providers page
- Attend a course offered through a non ARCB approved provider and apply for ARCB approval. The number of CEs is depdendent on the number of hours in the class. All applications are subject to review and approval from the ARCB CE Committee.
- Develop your own learning activity (also known as “Independent Study”) and apply to ARCB for independent study credits. You may apply for as many as 12 CEs. However all application are subject to review and approval from the ARCB CE Committee.
How to Obtain ARCB CE Approval for Courses from Providers That Are Not on the ARCB Approved Provider List or for Independent Study:
This Is an Easy 2-Step Process:
Before taking a non-ARCB approved course or conducting independent study, complete the pre-approval form and send it in to the ARCB at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- Click here for: Non ARCB-Approved Provider Preapproval Form
- Click here for: Independent Study Preapproval Form
After you have received ARCB approval for the course/activity and after completing that course/activity, complete the verification form and send it in to the ARCB at email@example.com.
- Click here for: Non ARCB-Approved Provider Verification Form.
- Click here for: Independent Study Verification Form.
It is possible to apply for approval once the course or activity is completed – but approval is not guaranteed. Therefore we strongly recommend applying for approval prior to the course or activity.